Arnold Schwarzenegger Attacked At Event In South Africa - Mega Icon Magazine
Connect with us

Entertainment

Arnold Schwarzenegger Attacked At Event In South Africa

Published

on

Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger was attacked on Saturday by a man who kicked him in the back at a sports event in South Africa that the action hero was hosting.

The bodybuilder and former politician was chatting with fans at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg when a man took a flying leap and kicked him high in the back.

“Thanks for your concerns, but there is nothing to worry about,” Schwarzenegger, 71, said on Twitter.

“I thought I was just jostled by the crowd, which happens a lot. I only realized I was kicked when I saw the video like all of you. I’m just glad the idiot didn’t interrupt my Snapchat.”

Schwarzenegger was in Johannesburg for the annual Arnold Classic Africa, an international multi-sports festival.

“He was sadly and unexpectedly attacked by a crazed fan as he was doing a walk-through to support athletes,” the organisers said, adding the attacker — who was immediately apprehended — was known to police for similar incidents in the past.

Schwarzenegger told organisers he would not press charges.

 

Source: AFP

ALSO READ  P-Square resumes fight
Continue Reading
Comments

Entertainment

Meet the world’s 20 top-earning hip-hop stars

Published

on

By

American rapper and fashion designer, Kanye West has been named the highest-paid hip-hop act in the world.

According to the latest Forbes World’s 20 Top-Earning Hip-Hop Stars List, Kanye who is also a designer earned 50 million dollars in a year.

Kanye pushed down the ladder, Mogul JAY-Z who earned 81 million dollars and Drake who made 71 million dollars, leaving them in second and third place respectively.

In recent years the top spot have been coveted by JAY-Z who in 2007 got an ode from Kanye when the rapper released a song called “Big Brother”.

Those who made the top ten include Eminem, DJ Khaled, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, and Childish Gambino. The only female artists who made it into the top 20 are Nicki Minaj and Cardi B, who came in at number 12 and 13 slots respectively.

Nicki Minaj made 29 million dollars earnings, and Cardi B, the youngest to make the list at 26, raked in 28 million dollars in earnings.

20. Pitbull ($18 million)

19. Wiz Khalifa ($18.5 million)

18. Nas ($19 million)

17. Future ($19.5 million)

16. Birdman ($20 million)

15. Meek Mill ($21 million)

14. Swizz Beatz ($23 million)

13. Cardi B ($28 million)

12. Nicki Minaj ($29 million)

ALSO READ  Oyo Governor's Aide Receives Pan African Distinguished Leadership Award.

11. J. Cole ($31 million)

10. Childish Gambino ($35 million)

9. Migos ($36 million)

8. Kendrick Lamar ($38.5 million)

7. DJ Khaled ($40 million)

6. Eminem ($50 million)

5. Travis Scott ($58 million)

4. Diddy ($70 million)

3. Drake ($75 million)

2. Jay-Z ($81 million)

1. Kanye West ($150 million)

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Its desperate move to generate revenue’- Don Jazzy reacts to CBN’s bank charges policy

Published

on

By

The CEO of Mavin Records, Don Jazzy has reacted to CBN’s latest policy to attach charges to cash deposits or withdrawals made by customers.

The CBN had earlier announced that deposits or withdrawals above N500,000 by customers will attract charges going forward.

According to the apex bank, the objective of the “transaction fees” is to give vent to the Central Bank’s policy designed to reduce cash in use.

CBN, in a statement signed on Tuesday by its  Payments System Management Department Director, Sam Okojere  announced the take-off of the charges.

Reacting via his verified twitter handle, Don Jazzy alleged that  the purpose of the new policy was an act of desperation to generate revenue.

“My dear, the whole thing just reeks of a desperate move to generate revenue.

“When they load their own stolen money in the bank, they don’t care whatever charges they have to pay”, the Nigerian music producer tweeted

 

ALSO READ  Sheraton Lagos Hotel captivates audience with momentous Live Concert featuring living legend Femi Kuti
Continue Reading

Entertainment

COZA SAGA: Dakolo Demands Apology From Pastor Fatoyinbo

Published

on

By

Busola Dakolo has requested that the founder and Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Biodun Fatoyinbo, apologise for allegedly defiling her. 

Dakolo in a writ filed on her behalf by her lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi and Co of Law corridor, demanded that Pastor Fatoyinbo pen a clearly worded apology on the front page of at least two national newspapers and two national television stations for seven days running consecutively.

She also demanded that Mr Fatoyinbo address a ‘personal apology letter’ showing honest remorse for his misdeed.

Contained in the suit obtained Exclusively by Channels Television, Mrs Dakolo told a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja that the defilement by Pastor Fatoyinbo has adversely affected her marital sex life.

In a related development, Dakolo also demanded that a cost of action estimated at the sum of N10,000,000 (ten million naira) be paid.

In her suit, Mrs Dakolo emphasized that Pastor Fatoyinbo “forcefully pushed her unto a couch close to the front door of her house, pinned her to the couch, undressed her, caressed her body, fondled her breasts, exposed his genitals to her glare, forcing a bottle of soda (Krest) down her throat thereby making her breathing difficult.”

She further claimed that all the while he was covering her mouth to muffle her screams and threatened her life on the 23rd of September, 2002.

ALSO READ  Genevieve Nnaji stars in Hollywood

According to her, these actions “both jointly and/or severally are outrageous and reckless and have caused her emotional distress” amounting to intentional infliction of emotional distress on her.

Mrs Dakolo also stated that on another occasion, Pastor Fatoyinbo also drove her to a secluded area, forcefully pulled her out of the car, undressed her, spanked her buttocks, threatened her life, caressed her body, fondled her breasts and exposed his genitals to her glare, this she said took place on the 26th of September, 2002.

 

She described the sexual intercourse Fotoyinbo allegedly had with her on both days, jointly and/or severally are outrageous and reckless and amounts to intentional infliction of distress on her.

Mrs Dakolo also asked the court to declare that Fatoyinbo’s denial of his alleged acts contained jointly and/or severally through a press statement he released on June 28 2019, had caused her continuous emotional distress and amounted to intentional infliction of emotional distress on her.

According to the writ, Pastor Fatoyinbo is expected to cause an appearance to be entered for him in an action at the suit of Mrs Dakolo, within fourteen days of being served.

Busola Dakolo, wife of the musician, Timi Dakolo, had in June accused the founder of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, Pastor Abiodun Fatoyinbo of defiling her.

ALSO READ  GTBank Named Best Bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards

In an interview that went viral all over social media, she said that while she was still a teenager, the cleric visited her parents’ home early one morning when no one was in the house and raped her.

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Tweets by ‎@megaiconmagg

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* indicates required

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

MEGAICON TV

Trending

%d bloggers like this: