Connect with us

Education

Hospital Denies Mohbad Treatment

Published

on

 

Perez Medcare Hospital, a medical facility based in Lekki, Lagos State, has strongly denied allegations that the late Afrobeats singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, was ever admitted or treated at their facility. The hospital clarified that Mohbad was “brought in dead” when he arrived.

The renowned artist, Mohbad, tragically passed away at the age of 27, just two weeks ago, sending shockwaves through the music industry and his devoted fan base.

In a statement released by the hospital’s management on Monday, they refuted claims of his treatment and emphasized that their investigation had revealed that a nurse had been administering treatment, including injections, to the singer at his home priobefore he arrived the hospital.

Perez Medcare Hospital underscored the importance of correcting what they referred to as “misleading and false information” that Mohbad had died at their medical facility. They went on to clarify that during their assessment, there were no signs of life observed in the singer. The statement noted, “no central or peripheral pulse, no heartbeat, no recordable vital signs, and his pupils were fixed and dilated.”

“We consider it pertinent to put on record that at about 04:30pm on the 12th of September 2023, the lifeless body of Mr. Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba (AKA Mohbad) was brought to our medical facility and our medical team immediately sprang into action,” the statement said.

The hospital management firmly asserted that Mohbad “was not a patient of Perez MedcarMedicaretal and was never admitted at our hospital at any material time whatsoever.” Furthermore, they clarified that the nurse responsible for administering treatment at the singer’s home was not employed by their facility.

“On attempting CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), rigor mortis (stiffening of some parts of the body in relation to death) was observed and the persons who brought him to our facility were informed that it was a case of BID (Brought in dead),” the hospital explained, adding that its team advised that the body be taken to the nearest government hospital to be deposited in the morgue.

Additionally, the hospital distanced itself from any videos or recordings of the late singer receiving treatment while alive, stating that such footage did not originate from their institution.

Expressing their condolences to Mohbad’s grieving family and friends, Perez Medcare Hospital called for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his “sudden death.”

The artist’s untimely passing has left the music industry and fans in mourning, with questions surrounding the events leading up to his demise.

Comments

Education

ADC guber candidate, Adegoke decries 674,324 out-of-school children in Oyo

Published

on

The governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Oyo State, Chief Adegboyega Adegoke, has expressed concern over the growing number of out-of-school children in the state.

Adegoke raised the concern on Monday in Ibadan, the state capital, while speaking at the inauguration of his campaign council.

He described the situation as worrisome, noting that urgent steps were needed to ensure that children of school age have access to quality education.

Mega Icon Magazine recalled that a recent report indicated that Oyo State has the highest number of out-of-school children in the South-West, with about 674,324 children between the ages of three and 17 reportedly out of school.

Adegoke said it was disturbing that the situation persisted despite the huge federal allocations accruing to the state.

He stressed the need for greater attention to education and grassroots development, saying local government autonomy would help drive human development and economic growth at the grassroots.

“Local government autonomy is a vital tool in grassroots human development and economic growth,” he said.

Continue Reading

Education

Tinubu Appoints Adelabu Rector, Federal Polytechnic Ayede

Published

on

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of Dr Isiaka Tunji Adelabu as the substantive Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Ayede, Oyo State.

The appointment, which took effect on August 5, 2026, was announced by the Acting Director of the Centre for Information, Communication and Public Relations (CICPR), Sunday Adepoju, on behalf of the institution.

Adepoju, in a statement, quoted the Registrar of the polytechnic, Akinlolu Akinpade, as saying that Adelabu’s appointment was approved by President Tinubu.

Until his appointment, Adelabu was a Chief Lecturer in the Department of Accountancy at the Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State, where he also served as a Chartered Accountant.

He had held several administrative positions at the institution, including Head of Department, Dean of School and Deputy Rector (Administration).

His appointment, according to the polytechnic, brings to the institution a combination of academic experience and administrative exposure considered vital to its continued development.

Akinpade said Adelabu’s track record and experience would position him to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the institution.

He urged members of the polytechnic community to extend their full support and cooperation to the new Rector as he settles into office.

The Registrar said: “The support and cooperation of the entire polytechnic community will be crucial to enabling the new Rector to advance the vision and mission of the institution.”

With the appointment, Adelabu becomes the second substantive Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Ayede.

The management, staff and students of the institution, as well as the Governing Council, congratulated Adelabu on his appointment and wished him wisdom, strength and the capacity to provide purposeful leadership and take the polytechnic to greater heights.

Continue Reading

Education

MAKPOLY holds maiden Music Technology performance exam

Published

on

Michael Adeniyi Koleosho Polytechnic, Saki, Oyo State, on Wednesday recorded a major milestone with the conduct of the maiden final-year performance examination for the pioneer student of its Department of Music Technology, marking a new chapter in the institution’s commitment to practical and creative education.

The examination, held at the TETFund Building of the School of Business and Communication Studies, featured Master Okegbola Moses Bright, the department’s first National Diploma student. Lecturers, students, family members and other guests gathered at the venue to witness what many described as a historic moment for the institution.

The practical assessment was coordinated by the Acting Head of the Department, Dr. Abegunrin Adebayo Olugbenga, while two external examiners from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Dr. Rotimi Ologududu and Dr. Abiodun Akere, evaluated the student’s performance. The Dean of the School of Business and Communication Studies, Mr. Waheed Popoola, and other senior officials of the polytechnic also attended the exercise.

Welcoming guests, Abegunrin described the occasion as a landmark in the department’s history, saying it signalled that the vision behind establishing the programme was becoming a reality.

He said, “Today marks a milestone not just for our department, but for Michael Adeniyi Koleosho Polytechnic. We are witnessing the stage performance of our very first Music Technology student. This is the first of many, and it shows that the seed we planted has begun to bear fruit.”

He explained that the performance examination is a compulsory practical requirement for the award of the National Diploma in Music Technology, adding that it is designed to assess students’ creativity, technical competence and stage performance.

“Music Technology is not just about theory; it is about performance, production and impact. Our pioneer student is setting the standard for those who will come after him,” he added.

Congratulating the student for blazing the trail, Abegunrin urged him to perform with confidence, passion and professionalism. He also encouraged other students in the department to remain focused and committed, assuring them that they, too, would have the opportunity to showcase their talents in due course.

Speaking on the department’s future, the acting head said plans were underway to expand its studio facilities, strengthen collaboration with industry players and build a programme capable of producing graduates with the skills to thrive in the music and creative industries.

“Our goal is to make this department a hub for sound production, live performance, music business and digital creativity in Oyo State and beyond,” he said.

Abegunrin thanked the management of the polytechnic for its continued support and expressed appreciation to the Dean of the School of Business and Communication Studies, members of staff and other stakeholders for their contributions to the growth of the Department of Music Technology, saying their commitment had been instrumental to the programme’s success.

Continue Reading

Advertisement

Entertainment

Advertisement

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

Advertisement

MEGAICON TV

Advertisement

Trending