MONDAY was a spectacular day in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital as the governorship train of Chief Adebayo Adelabu descended on four local governments, both in the Oyo South and Oyo Central Senatorial Districts.
The long convoy which included a long vehicle containing top Nollywood acts like Saheed Balogun, Rose Odika, Muyiwa Ademola, Akin Olaiya and others further added glamour to the roadshow which moved along major roads in the Ibadan municipality.
Adelabu who was on his feet throughout the period of the roadshow was in high spirit . Speaking at Olomi Market in Oluyole Local Government and Olorunsogo in Ona Ara Local Government, the APC standard bearer assured the electorate of his genuine desires to serve them.
He promised that his govermment would add value to their lives and accelerate the growth of the state.
The carnival like campaign got to it electrifying mode in Itutaba, Oje in Ibadan North East Local Government as party leaders and members trooped out in their numbers. The State Governor and Leader of the party, Senator Abiola Ajimobi who breezed to the campaign ground at 7.09pm thanked the people for their love and support to the party at all times.
The governor also disclosed that Chief Adelabu remains the best choice for the state given his noble family background coupled with his humility and burning desires to serve the masses. Governor Ajimobi insisted that Adelabu’s impeccable quality is necessary to take the state to the zenith of its growth and development.
Also Speaking, the State NURTW Chair, Alhaji Abideen Ejiogbe declared that the Union has unanimously adopted Chief Adebayo Adelabu as it Governorship Candidate as well as all APC candidates not excluding President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a related development, the State Chairman of Market Men And Women Association, Chief Hamzat Kolawole also pledged that all market men and women would vote for Chief Bayo Adelabu and all APC Candidates.
The event was attended by the State Chairman of the party, Chief Akin Oke, the party’s Scribe, Hon Mojeed Olaoya, the Oyo South Senatorial District Chairman, Prince Adefisoye Adekanye and other State Leaders like Alhaji MKO Olaoye as well as hordes of Special Assistants to the State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
APC Congratulates Buhari, New Ministers
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the newly-inaugurated ministers.
APC, also noted with utmost satisfaction the painstaking efforts the President made in picking the new ministers, their speedy screening and confirmation by the Senate, in addition to the rigorous induction of the new appointees towards acquainting them to the onerous task of assisting the President fulfill his promises of re-positioning the economy, ensuring security of lives and property and fighting corruption.
According to its spokesperson, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the APC-led administration has recorded remarkable milestones in three areas, adding that the party aligns with the position of the President that there is more work to be done.
“There are challenges to build on the foundations that have been laid in the last four years. To state a few, the APC-led government has an urgent task to lift Nigerians out of poverty, secure lives and property, grow our economy, build infrastructure, bring back discipline to our private and public conducts and mobilize Nigerians through personal examples towards evolving a Nigeria we all can be proud of,” Issa-Onilu said.
The party further urged the new ministers to justify the confidence reposed in them by the President and, indeed, all Nigerians, by settling down to work quickly, and hit the ground running and consolidate on the progress that have been made in the various sectors.
The APC continued, “We join the President in calling on the newly-inaugurated ministers to ensure teamwork amongst themselves so as to create harmony in the governance system. This is the only way we can achieve synergy in our policy implementation and overall implementation of our Next Level manifesto for the country.
“It is important that our newly-inaugurated ministers understand they are ministers of APC administration, hence, they should reflect the best and progressive ideals of the party in their conduct and actions.
“The Party wishes our newly-inaugurated ministers best of luck as our party through the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari works towards taking our country to the Next Level. We assure the new ministers of the Party’s maximum cooperation and support to make them succeed”.
Buhari Finally Assigns Portfolios To Ministers (SEE LIST)
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has inaugurated his long-awaited cabinet in Abuja today.
The President also assigned portfolios to the ministers.
The list of ministers and their portfolios are listed below:
1 Uchechukwu Samson Ogah (Abia) – Minister of State Mines And Steel.
2. Muhammadu Bello (Adamawa) – Minister of FCT
3. God’swill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) – Minister of Niger delta
4. Dr Chris Ngige (Anambra ) – Minister of Labour and Environment
5. Sharon Ikeazu (Anambra) – Minister of State Environment
6. Adamu Adamu – (Bauchi) – Education
7. Amb Maryam Katagum – (Bauchi) – Industry, Trade and Investment, State
8. Timipre Silva – (Bayelsa) – Petroleum, State
9. Sen. George Akume – Benue, Special Duties
10. Mustapha Baba Shehuri – Borno, Agriculture, State
11. Godwin Jedi-Agba – Cross River, Power, State
12. Festus Keyamo – Delta, Niger Delta, State
13. Ogbonnaya Onu – Ebonyi, Science and Technology
14. Dr. Osagie Ehanire – Edo, Health
15. Clement Ikanade Agba – Edo, Budget and National Planning, State
16. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo – Ekiti, Industry, Trade and Investment
17. Geoffrey Onyeama – Enugu, Foreign Affairs
18. Dr. Ali Isa Pantami – Gombe, Communication
19. Emeka Nwajuba – Imo, Education, State
20. Suleiman Adamu – Jigawa, Water Resources
21. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed – Kaduna, Finance, Budget and National Planning
22. Dr. Mohammad Mahmoud – Kaduna, Environment
23. Mohammed Sabo Nanono – Kano, Agriculture
24. Maj. Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd) – Kano, Defence
25. Hadi Sirika – Katsina, Aviation
26. Abubakar Malami – Kebbi, HAGF and Minister of Justice
27. Ramatu Tijani Aliyu – Kogi, FCT, State
28. Lai Mohammed – Kwara, Information and Culture
29. Gbemisola Saraki – Kwara, Transportation, State
30. Babatunde Raji Fashola – Lagos, Works and Housing
31. Adeleke Mamora – Lagos, Health, State
32. Mohammed A. Abdullahi – Nasarawa, Science & Tech, State
33. Amb. Zubairu Dada – Niger, Foreign Affairs, State
34. Olamilekan Adegbite – Ogun, Mines & Steel Devpt
35. Sen. Omotayo Alasuadura – Ondo, Labour, State
36. Rauf Aregbesola – Osun, Interior
37. Sunday Dare – Oyo, Youth and Sports
38. Dame Pauline Tallen – Plateau, Women Affairs
39. Rotimi Amaechi – Rivers, Transportation
40. Mohammed Maigari Dangyadi – Sokoto, Police Affairs
41. Engr. Sale Mamman – Taraba, Power
42. Abubakar D. Aliyu – Yobe, Works and Housing, State
43. Sadiya Umar Faruk – Zamfara, Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
Dismiss Atiku’s petition, no law requires me to tender my certificates – Buhari begs Tribunal
President Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday, insisted that there is no law in Nigeria that requires him to produce his certificates in a bid to prove his eligibility to run for Presidency.
Buhari argued that that under the 1999 Constitution, he was only required to be educated.
He stated this through his counsel, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, while adopting his final brief of argument in opposition to the petition the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, filed to nullify Buhari’s 2019 re-election, at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja.
The President also urged the tribunal to dismiss the petition challenging his election and his educational qualifications because it lacked merit and substance.
He said: “The law is well settled and the case-law is crystalized on the point that the 2nd Respondent (Buhari) cannot go beyond provisions of sections 131 and 131(8) of the 1999 Constitution.
“The case-law is replete with decisions of this Court on the subject. We cannot amend the constitution.
“We need to make it very clear at this point that the Constitution and laws of the land do not expect any Certificate to be tendered or attached.”
Tweets by @megaiconmagg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page
Politics6 days ago
See Names Of New Oyo Commissioners And Their Portfolios
Entertainment1 week ago
Met Police to investigate Khafi for appearing on BBNaija ‘without permission’
Politics1 week ago
Joe Igbokwe: Anyone who says Buhari isn’t doing well is a liar from the pit of hell
Entertainment1 week ago
Davido, others mourn as DJ Arafat dies