IT was a pleasant evening on Sunday at the Conference Hall of a local Radio Station in Ibadan, Fresh Fm when the Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Adebayo Adelabu like his late grandfather, the late sage, Alhaji Adegoke Adelabu shone like a thousand Star as he unveiled his covenant with the people of Oyo State.
The event which was put together by the Station to afford leading Governorship Candidates unveiled their programmes saw Chief Adelabu unleashing his agenda to the masses with uncommon candour and dexterity.
The nucleus of his programs centred freedoms for all, life more abundant. On Education, Chief Adelabu declared that from May 29, this year, all residents of the state of school age shall enjoyed free, functional and qualitatative education.
According to him, as a lover of the sector, his administration would provide well tailored educational system that would cater for both the formal and informal sector. He promised to provide necessary incentives to teachers and increase their emoluments from 5 to 10 percent and other perks.
The APC Chieftain further revealed that he has experimented this at Lagelu Grammar School, Ibadan, adding that this has tremendiously improved in the results of its students in WASC. He added that the Free Feeding School Program shall be sustained for the benefits of the younger ones.
On health care delivery, he assured that Primary Health Centres shall be established not more than 1 kilometre to each community while Sanitary Inspectors shall be recruited for cleaner and tidy envitonment. On the protracted Pensioners Crisis in the state which amounted to N42.3Billion, Chief Adelabu promised to engage in an understanding with them to design ways of paying off the arrears saying this would also incentified those on active service.
The APC Standard Bearer, Adelabu, also stated that few years to their disengagements from active service, the State Government would organise pre – retirement training in various vocations and entrepreneurship skills so that they can be making money even while out of service. The Party Torchbearer maintained that they would also enjoy free bus services, healthcare and subsidized housing scheme.
Explaining his previous roles in the affairs of the state, Chief Adelabu revealed that he was instrumental to the establishment of the Technical University and financial assistance to the state government, Chief Adelabu stated that he has over 600 workers in his employments which spanned through various businesses from real estate to farming and hospitality.
On what to expect in the first 100 days of his administration, Chief Adelabu disclosed that ‘Operation Light Up the City’ to provide Streetlights in the streets, ‘Operation Zero Pot Holes’ on the Roads and Construction of Modern Health Centres shall be achieved .
On why he is the best nan for the job, Adelabu said as a First Class product with vast financial knowkedge and acumen from World rated financial institutions as well as enduring family legacy from Alhaji Adegoke Adelabu Penkelemess who was known for his uncommon love and affection to the downtroddens, assuring that he is very much ready to replicate his lofty ideas in the state from this year and beyond.
APC Congratulates Buhari, New Ministers
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the newly-inaugurated ministers.
APC, also noted with utmost satisfaction the painstaking efforts the President made in picking the new ministers, their speedy screening and confirmation by the Senate, in addition to the rigorous induction of the new appointees towards acquainting them to the onerous task of assisting the President fulfill his promises of re-positioning the economy, ensuring security of lives and property and fighting corruption.
According to its spokesperson, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the APC-led administration has recorded remarkable milestones in three areas, adding that the party aligns with the position of the President that there is more work to be done.
“There are challenges to build on the foundations that have been laid in the last four years. To state a few, the APC-led government has an urgent task to lift Nigerians out of poverty, secure lives and property, grow our economy, build infrastructure, bring back discipline to our private and public conducts and mobilize Nigerians through personal examples towards evolving a Nigeria we all can be proud of,” Issa-Onilu said.
The party further urged the new ministers to justify the confidence reposed in them by the President and, indeed, all Nigerians, by settling down to work quickly, and hit the ground running and consolidate on the progress that have been made in the various sectors.
The APC continued, “We join the President in calling on the newly-inaugurated ministers to ensure teamwork amongst themselves so as to create harmony in the governance system. This is the only way we can achieve synergy in our policy implementation and overall implementation of our Next Level manifesto for the country.
“It is important that our newly-inaugurated ministers understand they are ministers of APC administration, hence, they should reflect the best and progressive ideals of the party in their conduct and actions.
“The Party wishes our newly-inaugurated ministers best of luck as our party through the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari works towards taking our country to the Next Level. We assure the new ministers of the Party’s maximum cooperation and support to make them succeed”.
Buhari Finally Assigns Portfolios To Ministers (SEE LIST)
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has inaugurated his long-awaited cabinet in Abuja today.
The President also assigned portfolios to the ministers.
The list of ministers and their portfolios are listed below:
1 Uchechukwu Samson Ogah (Abia) – Minister of State Mines And Steel.
2. Muhammadu Bello (Adamawa) – Minister of FCT
3. God’swill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) – Minister of Niger delta
4. Dr Chris Ngige (Anambra ) – Minister of Labour and Environment
5. Sharon Ikeazu (Anambra) – Minister of State Environment
6. Adamu Adamu – (Bauchi) – Education
7. Amb Maryam Katagum – (Bauchi) – Industry, Trade and Investment, State
8. Timipre Silva – (Bayelsa) – Petroleum, State
9. Sen. George Akume – Benue, Special Duties
10. Mustapha Baba Shehuri – Borno, Agriculture, State
11. Godwin Jedi-Agba – Cross River, Power, State
12. Festus Keyamo – Delta, Niger Delta, State
13. Ogbonnaya Onu – Ebonyi, Science and Technology
14. Dr. Osagie Ehanire – Edo, Health
15. Clement Ikanade Agba – Edo, Budget and National Planning, State
16. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo – Ekiti, Industry, Trade and Investment
17. Geoffrey Onyeama – Enugu, Foreign Affairs
18. Dr. Ali Isa Pantami – Gombe, Communication
19. Emeka Nwajuba – Imo, Education, State
20. Suleiman Adamu – Jigawa, Water Resources
21. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed – Kaduna, Finance, Budget and National Planning
22. Dr. Mohammad Mahmoud – Kaduna, Environment
23. Mohammed Sabo Nanono – Kano, Agriculture
24. Maj. Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd) – Kano, Defence
25. Hadi Sirika – Katsina, Aviation
26. Abubakar Malami – Kebbi, HAGF and Minister of Justice
27. Ramatu Tijani Aliyu – Kogi, FCT, State
28. Lai Mohammed – Kwara, Information and Culture
29. Gbemisola Saraki – Kwara, Transportation, State
30. Babatunde Raji Fashola – Lagos, Works and Housing
31. Adeleke Mamora – Lagos, Health, State
32. Mohammed A. Abdullahi – Nasarawa, Science & Tech, State
33. Amb. Zubairu Dada – Niger, Foreign Affairs, State
34. Olamilekan Adegbite – Ogun, Mines & Steel Devpt
35. Sen. Omotayo Alasuadura – Ondo, Labour, State
36. Rauf Aregbesola – Osun, Interior
37. Sunday Dare – Oyo, Youth and Sports
38. Dame Pauline Tallen – Plateau, Women Affairs
39. Rotimi Amaechi – Rivers, Transportation
40. Mohammed Maigari Dangyadi – Sokoto, Police Affairs
41. Engr. Sale Mamman – Taraba, Power
42. Abubakar D. Aliyu – Yobe, Works and Housing, State
43. Sadiya Umar Faruk – Zamfara, Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
Dismiss Atiku’s petition, no law requires me to tender my certificates – Buhari begs Tribunal
President Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday, insisted that there is no law in Nigeria that requires him to produce his certificates in a bid to prove his eligibility to run for Presidency.
Buhari argued that that under the 1999 Constitution, he was only required to be educated.
He stated this through his counsel, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, while adopting his final brief of argument in opposition to the petition the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, filed to nullify Buhari’s 2019 re-election, at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja.
The President also urged the tribunal to dismiss the petition challenging his election and his educational qualifications because it lacked merit and substance.
He said: “The law is well settled and the case-law is crystalized on the point that the 2nd Respondent (Buhari) cannot go beyond provisions of sections 131 and 131(8) of the 1999 Constitution.
“The case-law is replete with decisions of this Court on the subject. We cannot amend the constitution.
“We need to make it very clear at this point that the Constitution and laws of the land do not expect any Certificate to be tendered or attached.”
Tweets by @megaiconmagg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page
Politics7 days ago
See Names Of New Oyo Commissioners And Their Portfolios
Politics1 week ago
Joe Igbokwe: Anyone who says Buhari isn’t doing well is a liar from the pit of hell
Entertainment1 week ago
Met Police to investigate Khafi for appearing on BBNaija ‘without permission’
Entertainment1 week ago
Davido, others mourn as DJ Arafat dies