Connect with us

Sports

Alexis Sanchez snub shaking Wenger’s hand in Arsenal training

Published

on

Gunners were training ahead of flying to Serbia for their Europa League game with Red Star

ALEXIS SANCHEZ has appeared to snub a handshake from Arsene Wenger at training.

Video footage shows Sanchez head out for a session with team-mates ahead of the Gunners’ Europa League clash with Red Star Belgrade.

The Chile forward strolls out behind fellow contract rebel Mesut Ozil at the start of the clip.

Sanchez is soon joined by Nacho Monreal, who puts an arm around his pal.

As the three players get closer to the centre of a training pitch, Wenger turns to catch their eye.

Wenger extends his hand for Ozil while Monreal and Sanchez continue talking.

Sanchez steers clear of his boss but Monreal veers towards Wenger to greet him.

Wenger then looks at Sanchez but the wantaway ace has his head down and seems to ignore the Frenchman.

Sanchez has thrown a string of strops over the last six months and is almost certain to leave The Emirates.

Earlier this season he could be seen smirking on the bench when Alexandre Lacazette missed a chance against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The Gunners were training at their London Colney base today ahead of flying to Belgrade this afternoon.

ALSO READ  Akpeyi, Ikeme back Ezenwa

Both Sanchez and Ozil are out of contract in the summer.

But while there is no interest in Ozil, who is keen to sign on, Sanchez is wanted by Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.

Manchester United boss Pep Guardiola is also thought to be keeping tabs on Sanchez’s situation.

 

Comments

Sports

FIFA President, Infantino tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

By

FIFA Chief, Gianni Infantino has contracted coronavirus popularly known as COVID-19,  the world’s football governing body announced on Tuesday.

According to the information scooped from AFP, the 50-year-old has mild symptoms and will remain in isolation for a further 10 days.

“All people who came into contact with the FIFA President during the last few days have been informed accordingly and they are being requested to take the necessary steps,” the body said.

“FIFA sincerely wishes President Infantino a speedy recovery,” it added.

Infantino’s last public appearances was at FIFA’s Compliance Summit which ended on October 16 when all attendees were present via video.

Cases, hospitalisations and deaths from Covid-19 in the body’s base, Switzerland, have doubled from one week to the next throughout October.

The country’s government is expected to decide Wednesday on new measures to control the spread of the virus.

The spread of the illness has cast doubt over Wednesday’s potential meeting between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the Champions League after the Juventus attacker tested positive for the illness earlier this month.

 

ALSO READ  "I already have the door open" - Sergio Ramos tell Neymar
Continue Reading

Sports

Barcelona: Real reason for Messi’s u-turn

Published

on

By

Lionel Messi said on Friday he will stay at Barcelona, insisting he could never go to court against “the club of his life”.But he launched a stinging attack on Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu, accusing him of going back on an agreement to let him leave for free at the end of last season.

“The president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I wanted to go or if I wanted to stay and in the end he didn’t end up keeping his word,” Messi said in an interview with Goal, released on Friday.

“I thought and we were sure that I was free. The president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I stayed or not and now they hold on to the fact that I did not say it before June 10 when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for the league in the middle of this shitty virus and this disease that altered all the dates.”

Messi, 33, added: “And this is the reason why I am going to continue in the club… because the president told me that the only way to leave was to pay the 700-million-euro release clause.

ALSO READ  "I already have the door open" - Sergio Ramos tell Neymar

“This is impossible, and then the other way was to go to trial. I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love, that gave me everything since I arrived, it is the club of my life, I have made my life here.”

Messi had said he wanted to leave the club he joined as a boy after Barcelona’s humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals in August.

His lawyers sent a burofax stating his intention to go for free on August 25 but Messi says he had made his feelings clear to Bartomeu many times before.

“I told the club, especially the president, that I wanted to go,” said Messi. “I’ve been telling him all year. I believed it was time to step aside.

‘Everything became difficult’

“I believed that the club needed more young people, new people and I thought my time in Barcelona was over, feeling very sorry because I always said that I wanted to finish my career here.

“It was a very difficult year, I suffered a lot in training, in games and in the dressing room. Everything became very difficult for me and there came a time when I considered looking for new goals, new horizons.

“It wasn’t because of the Champions League result against Bayern, I had been thinking about it for a long time. I told the president and the president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I wanted to go or if I wanted to stay and in the end he did not end up keeping his word.”

ALSO READ  Real Madrid battle Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele’s signature

Despite his unhappiness, Messi insists he will give his all for Barcelona next season under their new coach Ronald Koeman, with his current contract due to expire in June next year.

Continue Reading

Sports

Messi set to quit Barcelona

Published

on

By

Lionel Messi has informed Barcelona that he wants to “unilaterally” terminate his contract with the Spanish giants, a club source confirmed to AFP on Tuesday.

Lawyers for the Argentina star sent Barca a fax in which they announced Messi’s desire to rescind his contract by triggering a release clause.

However, the club maintains the clause expired in June and he remains under contract until the end of the 2021 season.

“In principial, this clause expired on June 10, but the unusual nature of this season disrupted by the coronavirus opened the way for Messi to ask to be released from his contract now,” wrote Spanish sports daily Marca.

“It’s the first step towards opening negotiations over his departure, on the basis of which his release clause amounts to 700 million euros.”

According to Spanish media, Messi met with new Barca coach Ronald Koeman last week and told the Dutchman he saw himself “more out than in” the club.

“The end of the glorious era of Leo Messi at Barcelona seems to be close. After the arrival of Ronald Koeman, what looks like the exit of his friend Luis Suarez and a difficult and turbulent end to the season, Messi told Barcelona in a fax of his intention to leave the club,” said Once radio station.

ALSO READ  3SC: 31 Players make the list to the second phase 

Barcelona suffered a humiliating 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals in Lisbon earlier this month, resulting in the dismissal of coach Quique Setien after barely six months in charge.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Tweets by ‎@megaiconmagg

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* indicates required

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

Advertisement

MEGAICON TV

Trending

%d bloggers like this: