Anthony Joshua reveals what he fears about Andy Ruiz ahead of rematch in Saudi Arabia - Mega Icon Magazine
Connect with us

Sports

Anthony Joshua reveals what he fears about Andy Ruiz ahead of rematch in Saudi Arabia

Published

on

Anthony Joshua has claimed “sometimes the ones who are calm and chilled can bark”, when speaking about Andy Ruiz during a press conference in London on Friday.

The Briton also rated Ruiz as “the best heavyweight out there”.

Both boxers went face to face in London, as their three-day press tour ended, ahead of their December 7 rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Asked about again being a challenger to the world heavyweight championships, Joshua said: “It’s a great mindset to have and you can’t lose that. The minute you lose it, you’ve got to retire. You’ve got to be hungry.

“I had a blip. We go again. I’m not shy. No fear.”

Joshua said about his upcoming opponent who took his IBF, WBA and WBO belts earlier this year: “Ruiz Jr is calm but he can fight. He is not a fake character who puts on a persona.

“Sometimes the ones who are calm and chilled can bark back, and can definitely fight.”

Anthony Joshua knocks out Povetkin

ALSO READ  In Ibadan, Fake Auto Dealer Bags Six Months Imprisonment
Comments

Sports

‘I Am Very Proud Of You’, Buhari Tells Golden Eaglets

Published

on

By

Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari yesterday congratulated the Golden Eaglets  for a fantastic beginning in the group opening match of FIFA World Cup Brazil 2019.

Nigeria Under-17 football team opened Brazil 2019 with a 4-2 win over Hungary, signaling their readiness to win the FIFA Championship for an unprecedented sixth time.

Contained in a message to the team after its victory on Saturday night, President Buhari commended the boys for the determination to excel which they displayed throughout the match despite the brilliant performance of their opponent.

“It was a wonderful display that I am very proud of. You showed that there is nothing that cannot be achieved with determination and perseverance.

“I have followed your journey leading to your arrival in Brazil for the competition. I have equally noted your determination and confidence throughout your preparations.

“I have no doubt in my mind that you are determined to win the competition for an unparalleled sixth time,” President Buhari said in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

The President also assured them of his continuing personal support and that of Nigerians for the entire period of the tournament.

Buhari urged the team to continue demonstrating the resilient spirit of the Nigerian, and bring the cup home, saying  that he will personally be monitoring their progress in the tournament.

ALSO READ  Ajimobi presents N267 budget of stability, receives defector from Accord Party

 

Continue Reading

Sports

FIFA suspends Moses Magogo for two months

Published

on

By

The chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has ratified the plea bargain entered into by Mr Moses Hassim Magogo, President of the Federation of Uganda Football Associations and member of the Confederation of African Football Executive Committee, and the chairperson of the investigatory chamber.

An investigation into Mr Magogo was opened on 23 July 2018 related to the resale of 2014 FIFA World Cup tickets.

In accordance with art. 67 par.1 of the FIFA Code of Ethics, the parties have mutually agreed on the following sanctions:

·  A fine of CHF 10,000.

·  A two-month suspension from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at national and international level.

The suspension became effective upon the validation of the agreement by the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber on 10 October 2019.

ALSO READ  World Cup 2018: Nigeria vs Croatia: England goalkeeper, Butland reveals one player to make ‘difference’
Continue Reading

Sports

Cardiff City moves to appeal FIFA ruling over Sala’s transfer payment

Published

on

By

Cardiff disclosed on Wednesday they would appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against FIFA’s decision to make them pay Nantes the first instalment of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.

The world governing body, FIFA this week ordered Cardiff to pay French club Nantes an initial six million euros ($6.5 million) in their dispute over the payment of the transfer fee for Sala, who died in a plane crash.

Cardiff in a statement, said : “There remains clear evidence that the transfer agreement was never completed in accordance with multiple contractual requirements which were requested by Nantes, thereby rendering it null and void”.

“We shall be appealing to CAS in order to seek a decision which considers all of the relevant contractual information and provides clarity on the full legal situation between our two clubs.”

AFP

ALSO READ  2019: Sokoto APC adopts Tambuwal, settles for second term
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Tweets by ‎@megaiconmagg

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* indicates required

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

MEGAICON TV

Trending

%d bloggers like this: