NIGERIA’S Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu has enjoined the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomole and other leaders of the party to reconsider substituting his name with the gubernatorial candidate of the party in Oyo state, Mr Adebayo Adelabu for electoral victory for the party in next year pools.
Barrister Shittu insisted that anything short of his prayer will spell doom for the party in Oyo State.
The minister boasted that he was the only credible aspirant who can deliver the state for the ruling party in 2019.
Shittu, who also called on the party to consider justice and restitution before talking of reconciliation stated this in a telephone interview with an online newspaper.
The ex- Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, who believes the crisis could be resolved, said the right thing must be done. He emphasised that the only thing he needed from the committee is restitution and justice, then reconciliation will follow.
“It is painful that everybody talks of peace without talking about justice.”
While advocating for Justice, Shittu submitted: “Before you talk of reconciliation, let there be restitution. After restitution, then we can talk of true reconciliation. We all condemned PDP for their injustice and impunity, why are we not doing things differently if truly we are progressives. What I mean by restitution is for the leadership of the party to return the ticket to me and make my very good brother, Adelabu as my running mate”.
The Minister further condemned what he described as impunity and imposition in the ruling party, saying that the party is not doing things differently from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which was responsible for its Waterloo in 2015.
He, however warned the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) never to follow the path of the PDP which led to its political harakiri.
APC Congratulates Buhari, New Ministers
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the newly-inaugurated ministers.
APC, also noted with utmost satisfaction the painstaking efforts the President made in picking the new ministers, their speedy screening and confirmation by the Senate, in addition to the rigorous induction of the new appointees towards acquainting them to the onerous task of assisting the President fulfill his promises of re-positioning the economy, ensuring security of lives and property and fighting corruption.
According to its spokesperson, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the APC-led administration has recorded remarkable milestones in three areas, adding that the party aligns with the position of the President that there is more work to be done.
“There are challenges to build on the foundations that have been laid in the last four years. To state a few, the APC-led government has an urgent task to lift Nigerians out of poverty, secure lives and property, grow our economy, build infrastructure, bring back discipline to our private and public conducts and mobilize Nigerians through personal examples towards evolving a Nigeria we all can be proud of,” Issa-Onilu said.
The party further urged the new ministers to justify the confidence reposed in them by the President and, indeed, all Nigerians, by settling down to work quickly, and hit the ground running and consolidate on the progress that have been made in the various sectors.
The APC continued, “We join the President in calling on the newly-inaugurated ministers to ensure teamwork amongst themselves so as to create harmony in the governance system. This is the only way we can achieve synergy in our policy implementation and overall implementation of our Next Level manifesto for the country.
“It is important that our newly-inaugurated ministers understand they are ministers of APC administration, hence, they should reflect the best and progressive ideals of the party in their conduct and actions.
“The Party wishes our newly-inaugurated ministers best of luck as our party through the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari works towards taking our country to the Next Level. We assure the new ministers of the Party’s maximum cooperation and support to make them succeed”.
Buhari Finally Assigns Portfolios To Ministers (SEE LIST)
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has inaugurated his long-awaited cabinet in Abuja today.
The President also assigned portfolios to the ministers.
The list of ministers and their portfolios are listed below:
1 Uchechukwu Samson Ogah (Abia) – Minister of State Mines And Steel.
2. Muhammadu Bello (Adamawa) – Minister of FCT
3. God’swill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) – Minister of Niger delta
4. Dr Chris Ngige (Anambra ) – Minister of Labour and Environment
5. Sharon Ikeazu (Anambra) – Minister of State Environment
6. Adamu Adamu – (Bauchi) – Education
7. Amb Maryam Katagum – (Bauchi) – Industry, Trade and Investment, State
8. Timipre Silva – (Bayelsa) – Petroleum, State
9. Sen. George Akume – Benue, Special Duties
10. Mustapha Baba Shehuri – Borno, Agriculture, State
11. Godwin Jedi-Agba – Cross River, Power, State
12. Festus Keyamo – Delta, Niger Delta, State
13. Ogbonnaya Onu – Ebonyi, Science and Technology
14. Dr. Osagie Ehanire – Edo, Health
15. Clement Ikanade Agba – Edo, Budget and National Planning, State
16. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo – Ekiti, Industry, Trade and Investment
17. Geoffrey Onyeama – Enugu, Foreign Affairs
18. Dr. Ali Isa Pantami – Gombe, Communication
19. Emeka Nwajuba – Imo, Education, State
20. Suleiman Adamu – Jigawa, Water Resources
21. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed – Kaduna, Finance, Budget and National Planning
22. Dr. Mohammad Mahmoud – Kaduna, Environment
23. Mohammed Sabo Nanono – Kano, Agriculture
24. Maj. Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd) – Kano, Defence
25. Hadi Sirika – Katsina, Aviation
26. Abubakar Malami – Kebbi, HAGF and Minister of Justice
27. Ramatu Tijani Aliyu – Kogi, FCT, State
28. Lai Mohammed – Kwara, Information and Culture
29. Gbemisola Saraki – Kwara, Transportation, State
30. Babatunde Raji Fashola – Lagos, Works and Housing
31. Adeleke Mamora – Lagos, Health, State
32. Mohammed A. Abdullahi – Nasarawa, Science & Tech, State
33. Amb. Zubairu Dada – Niger, Foreign Affairs, State
34. Olamilekan Adegbite – Ogun, Mines & Steel Devpt
35. Sen. Omotayo Alasuadura – Ondo, Labour, State
36. Rauf Aregbesola – Osun, Interior
37. Sunday Dare – Oyo, Youth and Sports
38. Dame Pauline Tallen – Plateau, Women Affairs
39. Rotimi Amaechi – Rivers, Transportation
40. Mohammed Maigari Dangyadi – Sokoto, Police Affairs
41. Engr. Sale Mamman – Taraba, Power
42. Abubakar D. Aliyu – Yobe, Works and Housing, State
43. Sadiya Umar Faruk – Zamfara, Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
Dismiss Atiku’s petition, no law requires me to tender my certificates – Buhari begs Tribunal
President Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday, insisted that there is no law in Nigeria that requires him to produce his certificates in a bid to prove his eligibility to run for Presidency.
Buhari argued that that under the 1999 Constitution, he was only required to be educated.
He stated this through his counsel, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, while adopting his final brief of argument in opposition to the petition the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, filed to nullify Buhari’s 2019 re-election, at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja.
The President also urged the tribunal to dismiss the petition challenging his election and his educational qualifications because it lacked merit and substance.
He said: “The law is well settled and the case-law is crystalized on the point that the 2nd Respondent (Buhari) cannot go beyond provisions of sections 131 and 131(8) of the 1999 Constitution.
“The case-law is replete with decisions of this Court on the subject. We cannot amend the constitution.
“We need to make it very clear at this point that the Constitution and laws of the land do not expect any Certificate to be tendered or attached.”
Tweets by @megaiconmagg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page
Politics6 days ago
See Names Of New Oyo Commissioners And Their Portfolios
Politics1 week ago
Joe Igbokwe: Anyone who says Buhari isn’t doing well is a liar from the pit of hell
Entertainment1 week ago
Met Police to investigate Khafi for appearing on BBNaija ‘without permission’
Entertainment1 week ago
Davido, others mourn as DJ Arafat dies