Connect with us

Sports

Izu’s father reacts, ‘Stop blackmailing my family, 3SC only paid 284,800 to my account

Published

on

Reuben Izu Martin, father of the ex-slain Shooting Starts Sports Club (3SC), Ibadan, Joseph Izu, has debunked a claim by the club that it has paid six months salary arrears of the deceased into his account. 

Izu, on Thursday through a statement disclosed that the management of Shooting Stars Football Club has paid the sum of N142,400 twice into his account and not six months as been claimed by the club.

The late Joseph Izu, an indigene of Rivers State while holidaying was allegedly killed by some soldiers in Bayelsa state over a year ago.

Pa Reuben Izu while responding to a claim by 3SC management that it has paid the family for six months, noted that the need to put the record straight became necessary because it is the custom of the club to find a cosmetic solution to their request immediately after a public outcry like this .

“I, Mr. Reuben izu Martin father to late Izu Joseph wish to let the public know that the management of Shooting Stars football Club has paid the sum of N142,400 twice into my account and not six months as been claimed by the club.

“This is the 2nd time they are doing it and it appears it is done immediately after a public outcry as regards the way they have treated my son, Joseph Izu’s finance since his death.

ALSO READ  I have a herdsman managing my cattle, violent ones must be punished – Oshiomhole

“I called Balogun the GM to explain that amount payed when he is been owed in millions, and Balogun sent a text that the money is made up of salaries, bonuses and others and promised to send the breakdown when he gets to Ibadan as he is taking care of his sick son, and up till now no information from him”. he explained.

He stressed that the family is not begging for money but requesting for the money their departed son worked for before he was killed.

“We are not begging Shooting Stars for any kind of money, but for what my son worked for before he was killed”.

Also, he said what the family want is nothing but justice from the soldiers who killed their son and from the 3SC management.

“At this point, the family wants justice for Izu from the soldiers who killed him as well as Shooting Stars to pay his dues.

Making further clarification, Pa Reuben Izu enjoined the 3SC management to stop blackmailing the family especially, a brother to the deceased, Mr. Reuben Izu Jnr simply because he was fighting for his late brother.

“I need to know why Shooting Stars is blackmailing my son simply because he is fighting for his late brother. My son, Reuben Izu Jnr. has never wanted his late brothers money to be paid to him, he is mandated by me on behalf of the family to ensure that 3SC pays salaries owed my son.

ALSO READ  15 states to participate in maiden MASM's National U-17 Female Soccer Tournament in Oyo

“I call on the oyo State government to investigate the club management as they have clearly shown unprofessionalism in handling my son Izu’s finance.

“I don’t know why its so difficult for 3SC to furnish the family with details of debt profile to late IZU Joseph. Instead of paying an amount without any narrative. I spoke with the COO of the LMC on this issue last week in Jos during the AGA of NFF.

“Responding to his question on the exact amount of late IZU Joseph salary, I told him that from the records we have in his contract with the LMC, is about 400,000 monthly.

“He told me that the issue is that in most cases the amount in the contract with the LMC is different from the one they signed with the Clubs. The Union has also written to the LMC to compel 3SC to furnish them with details of the actual amount owed IZU in terms of outstanding salaries and match allowances .

“The club is yet to respond. The LMC has equally assured that monies due 3SC will not be paid to them until this issue and others are sorted out”.

Continue Reading
Comments

Sports

FIFA Slap Lifetime Ban On Samson Siasia For Taking Bribes

Published

on

By

World Football’s Governing Body, FIFA on Friday issued a lifetime ban on Samson Siasia, former Nigeria Football Federation official after the body’s ethics panel found him guilty of taking bribes in connection with match fixing.

In a statement, the adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s independent ethics committee said the probe targeting Siasia stemmed from a wider investigation involving Wilson Raj Perumal, who has confessed to international match-fixing.

The probe that began in February found Siasia “guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics,” the statement said.

In addition to being banned from all football related activity for life, Siasia was also handed a fine of 50,000 Swiss francs ($50,000, 46,000 euros).

Siasia, a former striker, also briefly coached Nigeria’s men’s national football team.

FIFA did not detail the nature of ties to Perumal, a Singaporean national who was arrested and jailed in Finland in 2011 for fixing top-tier football games there.

Perumal later collaborated with match fixing investigators.

ALSO READ  Technical University, Ibadan Pioneer Students Resume
Continue Reading

Sports

FIFA Issues Life Ban To Ex-Bolivian Football Chief

Published

on

By

FIFA on Thursday banned the former treasurer of South America’s football federation for life after an ethics panel found him guilty of bribery. 

Romer Osuna, who also once headed Bolivia’s football federation, was among a group of South American football officials charged with corruption in 2015 amid the unprecedented scandal that triggered sweeping reform within FIFA.

The adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s independent ethics committee said in a statement that it had investigated a bribery scheme that ran from 2012 to 2015 in which Osuna was accused of “awarding contracts to companies for the media and marketing rights to CONMEBOL competitions.”

“The adjudicatory chamber found that Mr Osuna had breached art. 27 (Bribery) of the 2018 edition of the FIFA Code of Ethics and, as a result, sanctioned him with a ban for life,” it said.

FIFA also fined Osuna 1 million Swiss francs ($1 million, 922,000 euros).

Shortly after he was charged, Osuna had pledged to cooperate with investigators, both in Bolivia and in the United States, who were probing graft within world football.

AFP

ALSO READ  Makinde felicitates with New Oyo NLC executives  
Continue Reading

Sports

Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk Nominated For UEFA Awards

Published

on

By

Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil van Dijk have been named candidates for this year’s UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award, European football’s governing body announced on Thursday.

The prize will be awarded to one of the trio during the draw for the Champions League group stage in Monaco on August 29, after they were shortlisted by a jury of coaches and journalists.

England’s Lucy Bronze, Ballon d’Or winner Ada Hegerberg and France’s Amandine Henry have been shortlisted for the women’s award. All three play for European champions Lyon.

Van Dijk has joined Messi and Ronaldo, the two iconic players of their generation, on the shortlist after starring in defence for Liverpool as they won a sixth Champions League and came close to winning their first domestic league title in 29 years.

Messi won the first edition of the award in 2011 while Ronaldo has won it on three occasions, in 2014, 2016 and 2017.

Luka Modric is the current holder of the men’s award after winning the Champions League and taking Croatia to the World Cup final in 2018, while Wolfsburg’s Danish striker Pernille Harder bagged the women’s prize.

AFP

ALSO READ  PDP Rigged Ajimobi Out Of Senate Seat - Mogaji Wasiu Ajimobi
Continue Reading

Tweets by ‎@megaiconmagg

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* indicates required

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

MEGAICON TV

Trending