Connect with us

Politics

2023: Nigerian youths will vote massively for Tinubu – Olaosebikan

Published

on

 

The social media-generated euphoria surrounding the ambition of Mr. Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) has been described as a flash in the pan that will disappear in no time.

Founder of an Oyo State-based youth group, Ojo Ola Oyo, Mr. Kehinde Olaosebikan made the declaration in Ibadan Thursday while speaking with journalists at the sideline of the extraordinary meeting of the group at Mount Pleasant Hotel, Podo.

Olaosebikan said such flashes were not new to the political, social, and economic environments of Nigeria stating that they usually disappeared as they came, “because they were never based on anything concrete but mere fantasy, illusion and grandstanding”.

Olaosebikan who was asked by journalists about how his now popular projection that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu would be the next President of Nigeria considering the seeming popularity of Peter Obi, maintained that from his experience with the Nigerian youths they would rather act now based on realities and proven records of achievements having suffered so much in the hands of politicians who had promised them heaven on earth but eventually made life more hellish for them.

“This is not the first time we are witnessing such fleeting euphoria.

“We had seen pastor politicians who gained temporary traction because of declaration that God asked them to contest for president; in business, we had seen flashes in form of finance houses promising incredible interests; in real estate, we had seen flashes of mortgage firms making impossible offers during the time of ‘everybody come inside’; in medicine, we had witnessed passing euphoria too, where marketers promoted a drug for the cure of all ailments that eventually cured nothing; all hurtled because they were based on fantasies.

“From my experience with the youths today including those you are seeing here now, they can be said to be wiser now and more realistic. They are not ready to take promises. They want to see what you have done concretely in the past and assess you mainly on such accomplishments and feats.

“So, I can tell you they are ready and more inclined to vote for the candidate that is known to have ‘developed boys to men’ as the former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio described the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Party, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; the candidate that has developed and mentored both young and old Nigerians to become governors, ministers, vice presidents, and president.

“A leader and candidate that has brought prosperity to his state by raising IGR from less than a billion Naira to 15b within 8 years; a candidate that has brought marked growth and stability to the political and social being of his state, making Lagos the model for development in all aspects in Nigeria today. This is someone the youth can look up to, in whom they see hope and greater Nigeria ahead.

“For me, Nigerians, both youths and the old, we should be practical in the choice of our next president and consider capacity, competence, experience, and antecedents and not any primordial sentiments or promises based on misapprehension”, the media aide to late Governor Lam Adesina said.

He urged the youths to use cyberspace more positively for their businesses and towards the growth and unity of Nigeria as well as for the promotion of the person with the best track records of making life better for the masses of this country.

Olaosebikan stressed that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Tinubu has demonstrated to be the best so far amongst all the former governors and leaders in Nigeria, particularly those contesting the presidential race with him in all aspects of life. “Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has established himself as the most functional politician, leader, administrator, nation builder in the country today.”

Earlier in his welcome address, the President of Ojo Ola Oyo, Mr. Wale Adesope pledged the total commitment of the group to the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu disclosing that it would when the campaign proper starts, embark on “house to house, cell to cell, media to media, platform to form” campaign to fully mobilize the youths for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, because, “ We are very sure that he will do well for the youths as the President of our dear country”, said Adesope.

He was full of praise for the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare for the numerous life-changing innovative programs being implemented by the ministry adding that the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) was the best thing to have happened to Nigerian youth in terms of real empowerment economically, socially and politically.

He urged the beneficiaries of the loan scheme being given to youths between the ages of 18 and 35 to make good use of the fund for the improvement of their lives and society as a whole.

 

 

 

Comments

Politics

Adeleke: I Had No Electoral Deal With ADC

Published

on

OSUN State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has denied having any electoral agreement or partnership with the African Democratic Congress before, during or after the August 15 governorship election.

Adeleke made the clarification on Tuesday in a post on his verified X handle, saying his victory was achieved through the support of God and the people of Osun State.

The governor said the ADC was not part of the political coalition that campaigned and mobilised support for his re-election, describing the group of political allies that worked for his victory as a “rainbow coalition.”

He said, “I had no electoral deal or partnership with the ADC before, during, or after the governorship election.”

Adeleke added that it was important to put the record straight, stressing that the ADC was not part of the coalition that campaigned and mobilised support for his re-election.

“For the sake of history, it is important to clarify that the ADC was never part of the rainbow coalition that canvassed, mobilised, and supported our campaign in the battle leading to last Saturday’s election,” he said.

The governor thanked his political allies for their sacrifices and efforts during the campaign, noting that their commitment contributed to his victory at the poll.

Adeleke, who called for unity after the election, said he remained governor of all Osun residents regardless of their political affiliation, religion or tribe.

“Now that the election is over, I remain the Governor of all Osun people, irrespective of political affiliation, religion, or tribe. My commitment is to unite our people and continue working for the progress and prosperity of Osun State,” he said.

Adeleke defeated the All Progressives Congress candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, and the ADC candidate, Najeem Salaam, in the keenly contested election.

The governor polled 511,067 votes to defeat Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes, while Salaam secured 17,180 votes.

Adeleke won in 19 of the 30 local government areas in the state, while Oyebamiji won the remaining 11.

Continue Reading

Politics

Adeleke Reaffirms Tinubu Endorsement After Osun Victory

Published

on

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has renewed his endorsement of President Bola Tinubu for a second term in 2027, barely hours after he was declared winner of Saturday’s governorship election.

Adeleke, who secured a second term in office, also commended Tinubu for what he described as his support for a free, fair and credible electoral process.

The governor spoke in Osogbo on Sunday while reacting to his victory, which he dedicated to the people of Osun State.

“At this point, I must deeply appreciate Mr President, His Excellency Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for his strong support for a free and fair election,” Adeleke said.

“Mr President is a son of Osun State. And I hereby reaffirm my earlier endorsement of him for a second term in the 2027 presidential election.”

Adeleke thanked the people of the state for standing by him, saying their resilience and commitment to democracy had helped to produce the outcome of the election.

“In the last few months, Osun people have been under very intense pressure. Today, the issues are settled by the grace of God and the people.

“I therefore dedicate this victory to the good people of Osun State. I deeply appreciate your resilience, your strong will and your unwavering commitment to democracy,” he said.

The governor promised not to disappoint the electorate, saying his administration would build on its achievements and address areas where it had fallen short.

“As you have trusted me again for the second term in office, I will not disappoint you. To serve you better, I will reinforce my strong points and correct my errors,” Adeleke stated.

He also pledged to pursue accelerated development across the state under his renewed five-point agenda.

The Independent National Electoral Commission declared Adeleke the winner of the election in the early hours of Sunday.

The Returning Officer, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, announced in Osogbo that Adeleke polled 511,067 votes to defeat the All Progressives Congress candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes.

The candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Najeem Salaam, came third with 17,180 votes.

A total of 1,005,800 votes were cast across the 30 local government areas of the state, while 985,079 votes were declared valid.

INEC said 1,010,684 voters were accredited for the election, which was contested by candidates of 15 political parties.

Adeleke’s victory secures another four-year term for him and further strengthens his political position in Osun ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Continue Reading

Politics

Tinubu tasks INEC, security agencies on credible Osun election

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has charged the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies to ensure a peaceful, transparent and credible governorship election in Osun State.

Tinubu made the call in a statement issued on Friday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, ahead of Saturday’s poll.

The President urged INEC to uphold the integrity of the electoral process and ensure that voters are allowed to freely choose their preferred candidate.

“As the people of Osun State head to the polling units to elect who will govern them in the next four years, I call on the Independent National Electoral Commission to ensure orderly conduct of the election.

“The election must be transparent, free and fair. I urge INEC to ensure the integrity of the process,” he said.

Tinubu also urged the electoral commission to use the Osun election as an opportunity to demonstrate its preparedness for the 2027 general elections.

“INEC must use this last off-cycle election as a test case to demonstrate to Nigerians their full preparedness for the 2027 polls,” the President added.

The President also charged the Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, and other security chiefs deployed for the election to provide adequate security at polling units and prevent attempts to disrupt the exercise.

“I have charged the Inspector-General of Police and other heads of security outfits taking part in the election to provide maximum security at polling units. No room should be allowed for troublemakers to disrupt the process,” Tinubu said.

He stressed the need to protect voters and electoral officials, urging residents to participate in the election without fear or intimidation.

“Electoral officials and voters must be protected so they can perform their civic duties without fear or intimidation. Voters should feel confident to go out in their numbers to vote for the candidate of their choice, as all measures necessary to ensure a peaceful, free and fair election have been put in place.

“Our elections must be credible, and the outcome of the Osun Governorship election must reflect the will of the people,” he said.

Tinubu further urged voters to exercise their civic responsibility peacefully and avoid actions capable of undermining the conduct of the election.

More than 25,000 security personnel have been deployed across the state for the poll, while INEC has said preparations are on course.

With 15 candidates on the ballot, the election is expected to be keenly contested as voters across the state’s 30 local government areas elect a governor for the next four years.

Continue Reading

Advertisement

Entertainment

Advertisement

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

Advertisement

MEGAICON TV

Advertisement

Trending