Oyo govt. to roll out 198 contracts - Mega Icon Magazine
Connect with us

News

Oyo govt. to roll out 198 contracts

Published

on

Oyo state government on Thursday disclosed that no fewer than 198 contracts are being rolled out, saying the exercise was done in compliance with provision of the State Public Procurement Act 2010.

The government added that the projects include construction of five Model schools, six ECD Pilot centers, 32 blocks of 3-classroom buildings and 15 blocks of 4-classrooms.

Similarly, the contractors are also bidding for renovation of 59 blocks of classrooms, sinking and erection of 40 units of borehole tanks and stands, while others are, procurement of 36 classroom furniture, sports equipment, 16 motorcycles and one hilux.

The Chairman, Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board, (SUBEB), Dr. Nureni Aderemi Adeniran who made the disclosure in a statement also added that about 87 local contractors participated in the bid opening exercise for the 2018 FGN-UBEC/OYOSUBEB intervention projects held at Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board’s premises.

According to the statement, “we allowed due process in this bid opening, which states that people should be allowed to tender for any goods and/or services, and the tender should be open in the presence of the tenderers”, he said.

Adeniran further explained that the projects are being jointly financed by Oyo State Government through the State Universal Basic Education Board and the Federal Government, through the Universal Basic Education Commission.

ALSO READ  Oyo provides 15 motorized boreholes for markets in the state

While the Board is in the process of accessing 2019 FGN-UBEC/OYOSUBEB Intervention funds, he informed that the State Government has approved the release of its counterpart fund.

The SUBEB boss, however charged eligible tenderer to deliver a thorough job and ensure speedy completion of the 2018 intervention projects.

“Bidders are strongly advised to ensure speedy project execution, as this administration has zero tolerance for time wastage, as far as project execution is concerned”.

Comments

News

Oyo will take full advantage of Lagos-Ibadan rail projects – Makinde

Published

on

By

Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, said on Monday that the state would take full advantage of the ongoing Lagos-Ibadan Rail project when it becomes fully functional.

Governor Makinde, who stated this at the end of an inspection tour of the rail project which he embarked upon alongside the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of State for Transport, Senator Gbemisola Saraki and other Federal and State government officials, stated that Oyo State would put everything in place in terms of infrastructure to ensure that the residents derive the full benefits from the Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project.

He added that when completed, the Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project would bring lots of economic benefits to Oyo State, adding that his administration would harvest the benefits for the good of the state.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, quoted the Governor as saying that “so far, a lot of effort has been put into the rail project, though a lot of things still need to be done.”

The Governor, the Ministers and other officials had embarked on the inspection tour from Ebutte Metta, through Iju, Abeokuta and then Omi-Adio, Ibadan.

He said: “I can say that so far, so good, work is going on and a lot of effort is being put into it. A lot has been achieved so far and a lot of things still needed to be done. But for me personally, it is a wake-up call for us in Oyo State because the track is already here and we need to pace ourselves up to meet up with what we have to do so that the handshake can be seamless and the benefits can come to our people.

ALSO READ  Oyo Govt To Adopt Town Hall Meetings, Interpersonal Engagement With Citizens - Olatunbosun

“Concerning the benefits it will give to the people of Oyo State, it will bring people closer here. People will start spending money in Ibadan, staying in our hotels. You can actually do your work in Lagos and come back and sleep in Ibadan. So, we know what we really have to do to decongest Lagos and harvest people so that we can improve our own economy and set a target to get out of Lagos’ shadow.”

Governor Makinde stated that when the rail project is completed, it would offer a lot of benefits in the areas of employments and other aspects of the economy, adding that the Government would key into the programmes being followed on the rail project.

He added that the State would need to construct a road to link the rail line and also ensure proper security of lives and properties around the facility.

He said: “In the areas of employment, some companies may decide to come and set up in Ibadan because if they produce goods, it can come from the dry port here, all the way straight to Apapa port, which is where we just came from today. So, we see a lot of benefits economically. Even socially, people who want to come to Ibadan and Oyo State for socio-activities are now free, due to the nature of the road.

ALSO READ  One Killed In Abuja Flood {Photos}

“We have to key into the programme that is being followed right now such that if we need to construct a road that will fit into this; if we need to look at the security aspect of things; the users of this facilities should be able to say they are in a safe and secure place.

“When you are starting from scratch, you have the opportunity to design your capacity, facility to match up with the challenges you are faced with. That is why we call those ones greenfield projects. They are actually better than brownfield. The problem that the Honourable Minister just spoke about between Ebute-meta and Apapa is because of the brownfield nature. But here is a little bit far remote from the main city. So, we have the opportunity to treat it as a greenfield project.”

Continue Reading

News

Makinde promises to inject more funds, procure equipments for OYSROMA

Published

on

Oyo state governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde on Monday  assured the people of the State of better services from the Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency (OYSROMA) as he declared the readiness of the administration to inject more funds and procure more equipments for the agency within the first quarter of the year 2020.

 

OYSROMA chairman,  Hon. Kamil Akinlabi made this known  during the management meeting of the agency at his office

 

He added that Governor Makinde was poised at ensuring the operations of the agency get to other parts of the State as quick as possible in order to ease flow of traffic and movement of goods as well as farm produce from the hinterlands.

 

“I am happy to say that His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde has promised to increase funding to our agency and also help in the purchase of necessary equipments in preparation for the agency to move its operations to other parts of the state.

 

“This is a news that gladdens our heart as we can now have enough facilities and manpower to move outside the Ibadan metropolis and start works on roads that are equally economically-viable, that will yield commercial interest to the people of the State and the government.

ALSO READ  Real reason why Saudi Arabia ended gender segregation in restaurants

 

“There are roads in the hinterland around the State that are begging for attention and we are using this opportunity to again assure the people of the State of the readiness of the government to do repair works on roads that are in need of our attention,”he said.

 

The former lawmaker also noted that the increase in funding to the agency with the provision of necessary equipments would further enhance job quality, better efficiency and supervision of projects being carried out by the agency.

 

He charged the management and staff of the agency to be more alive to their duties, stressing that their dedication to work would further improve the productivity of the agency.

 

” I want to use this medium to implore our staff to be alive to their duties, be more dedicated to work so that we can achieve more than what we had last year.”

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Libya summit: ‘This terrible situation cannot be allowed to continue’, UN chief tells world leaders

Published

on

By

As fight continues between forces loyal to General Khalifa Haftar, which control large tracts of territory in the country, and the government in Tripoli, world leaders attended the International Conference in the hope of finding a political solution.

General Khaftar’s forces have besieged the capital since April, and the fighting has been fuelled by increasing foreign interference. Whilst the government is backed by the UN, The Libyan National Army of General Khaftar has support from Russia and some Middle Eastern States.

The human toll, Mr. Guterres told the assembled delegates, has been severe, with international humanitarian law defied on multiple occasions: “More than 220 schools in Tripoli are closed, depriving 116,000 children of their basic human right to an education. Migrants and refugees, trapped in detention centres near the fighting, have also been affected and continue to suffer in horrendous conditions. This terrible situation cannot be allowed to continue”.

The Libyan threat to an already unstable region

Reiterating his belief that there is no military solution in Libya, the UN chief issued a reminder of the dangerous consequences of a full-blown civil war which, he said, could lead to a “humanitarian nightmare”, and leave the country vulnerable to permanent division. A civil war also risks further destabilizing the entire southern Mediterranean and Sahel region, exacerbating the threats of terrorism, human trafficking, and the smuggling of drugs and weapons.

ALSO READ  Ladoja supports #FundLAUTECH initiative with over N5m.

Mr. Guterres welcomed the recent ceasefire between the two sides, and urged them to “engage in good faith dialogue on political, economic and military issues in a Libyan-led and Libyan-owned inclusive process”, which, he affirmed, will be supported by the UN.

“We will stand with the Libyan people as they work to resolve their differences through discussion and compromise in good faith”, concluded the Secretary-General, “and chart a way to a more peaceful future”.

Foreign powers vow to stay out of Libyan affairs

After the Conference, Mr. Guterres announced that all the participants had pledged not to interfere in the conflict, and to respect a UN arms embargo., and he called on all Libyan parties to take part in a “Libyan-owned and Libyan-led dialogue”, under the auspices of the UN, to pave the way for a political solution to the crisis.

The Secretary-General said in a press conference that a meeting to discuss the economic reform necessary for the normal governance of Libya will take place in the next two to three weeks.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Tweets by ‎@megaiconmagg

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* indicates required

MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page

MEGAICON TV

Trending

%d bloggers like this: