Sports

Willian fuels Man Utd rumours: I want to play for Mourinho again

The Brazil international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford to reunite with his former manager at Chelsea throughout the summer

Chelsea star Willian has admitted that he would jump at the chance to work with Jose Mourinho again while affirming that it will not be happening in the current transfer window.

The Brazil international lifted the Premier League with the Blues under Mourinho in 2014-15, before a disappointing title defence saw the Special One end his second spell at Stamford Bridge.

This summer, meanwhile, Willian has been closely linked with a move away from Chelsea, with both Mourinho’s Manchester United and Barcelona mooted as possible destinations.

But having previously stated his intention to stay at his current club, Willian has underlined that a reunion with Mourinho must wait a little longer.

“Mourinho is the best manager I’ve ever worked with. We have a good relationship, we are friends,” Willian told ESPN Brasil.

“Sometimes we talk, we text, we send messages to each other via WhatsApp. He is a great manager, I really enjoyed working with him. I hope I can work with him again someday.”

“I don’t know if there was any official bid [from Manchester United], but some things have happened.

“Also, everything comes out on the internet, too. But Mourinho talks to my agent all the time, he says ‘bring him, bring him’.

“No, he has never called me, but he always sends me text messages.”

Despite that close contact, Willian repeated that his future lies in west London.

“But I am very happy at Chelsea, I want to stay in the club,” he said.

“I also like living in London, it is an amazing city, and my family is well adapted. So yeah, I intend to stay at Chelsea.”

 

MegaIcon

Recent Posts

Rep Oseni Fetes Agbaje on His  Birthday

The House of Representative member representing Ibarapa East/Ido Federal Constituency, Oyo State, Engr. Aderemi Oseni…

2 days ago

Edo Tragedy: DSS Arrests Two Over Uromi Mass Killing

Operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) have arrested two principal suspects allegedly involved…

2 days ago

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Surge to $23.11bn

  Nigeria’s Net Foreign Exchange Reserve (NFER) reached $23.11 billion by the end of 2024,…

2 days ago

Tinubu Reconstitutes NNPC Board, Appoints Bashir Ojulari as New Group CEO

President Bola Tinubu has approved a major shake-up in the leadership of the Nigerian National…

2 days ago

Defiant Return: Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan Defies Ban, Receives Hero’s Welcome in Kogi

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan on Tuesday received an enthusiastic reception from supporters and residents of Ihima…

3 days ago

Edo Killings: Akpabio Condemns Attack, Demands Justice for Victims

President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, has strongly condemned the brutal killing of 16 travellers…

4 days ago