Oyo State Government has promised to prosecute any individual found culpable of running parallel and illegal parks in the State, saying it would also impound any vehicle found within premises of such illegal parks. This is sequel to the directive of the Oyo State Government on the creation of New Park Management System.
This was contained in a statement issued today by the Chairman, Mogaji Akin Fagbemi at the Authority’s Administrative Headquarters in Ibadan.
“Oyo State Road Transport Management Authority (OYRTMA) hereby strongly warns individuals or groups planning to run parallel and illegal parks in the State. Anyone found culpable would be prosecuted and made to face the full wrath of the law”, the statement read.
In his words, Dr. Fagbemi said, “our attention has been drawn to comments made by certain individuals threatening to run some self-created and illegal parks parallel to the ones approved by government and into which Park Managers has been duly appointed. According to section 2 subsection 5A of the Oyo State Road Traffic Management Act 2009, OYRTMA is the State Government agency statutorily backed by law to oversee, coordinate and manage all government approved parks within the State.
Hence, in line with the directive of the State Government, we use this medium to make stern warnings to anyone nursing the ambition of utilizing illegal parks or creating parks unapproved by the State Government. We are set to go all out in conjunction with all other security agencies to arrest and prosecute offenders while all vehicles, tricycles and motorcycles found at such illegal park would be impounded.
However, we implore all commercial vehicle operators across the State to corporate fully with the new Park Managers in a bid to ensure free flow of human and vehicular traffic in the State. We equally enjoin the good people of Oyo State to go about their legitimate businesses as there is no cause for alarm.
FMoH to receive supplies, medical experts from China to support fight against Coronavirus in Nigeria
Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire last Friday announced, during the Presidential Task Force Media Briefing , that an 18 man team of Chinese medical experts are expected to arrive Nigeria within a few days with a consignment of globally scarce medical supplies ,to augment the government’s efforts to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
As of April 6th2020 the Minister said that, Nigeria had recorded 232 positive cases of the disease, discharged 33 and recorded 5 deaths. He stated that, “We have 120 patients in Lagos State, 47 in FCT, Osun 20, Oyo 9, Edo 9, Bauchi 6, Akwa Ibom 5, Kaduna 5, Ogun 4, Enugu 2, Ekiti 2, while Ondo , Rivers and Benue have 1 each”.
Dr Ehanire informed that, COVID-19 cases are continuously detected and treated to recovery through enhanced surveillance systems and strengthened epidemic intelligence. He added also that 5,000 samples had been tested so far, as targeted approaches are been taken to scale up the capacity.
The Minister revealed that, two additional Laboratories had been activated for COVID-19 testing at the Defence Reference Laboratory, FCT and Biosafety Level -3 Laboratory Lagos. He stated also that a Joint Continental Strategy for COVID -19 responses had been developed and an African Task Force on Coronavirus (AFCOR) had been set up, to coordinate preparedness and response efforts in the continent, this in collaboration with African Union.
He assured also that Rapid Response Teams will be deployed to all affected states to support them in strengthening their preparedness and response to COVID-19.
According to Health Minister, Dr Ehanire, the donations by the group of Chinese Companies in Nigeria, includes PPEs and other Medical consumables, with one million surgical masks for health workers and also ICU ventilators valued at over $100,000, all sourced in the face of global scarcity of these items. In addition, Chinese medical experts, comprising of doctors, nurses, laboratory technicians and public health managers will share their knowledge, skills and real life experience of fighting covid-19 with Nigerian personnel in strengthening management of COVID-19 cases, especially with regard to critical care, he said. He explained that this initiative would greatly build the capacity of hard working and resourceful Nigerian health workers at the fore front of fighting coronavirus.
He said, the much needed PPEs and masks will protect these frontline workers and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the line of duty.
The Presidential Task Force Media Briefing ,Minister expressed that, “We have a window of opportunity to strengthen our own response mechanism through lessons learnt from any country that has had the experience and can provide hands- on demonstration of dealing with the outbreak and give the Nigerian clinical workforce the opportunity to share global best practices”
Lagos Biosafety Level-3 Laboratory activated for COVID-19 testing
The Lagos State Biosafety Level-3 Laboratory has been has been activated for #COVID19 testing. This brings the number of COVID-19 testing labs in Nigeria to 9 In progress- Maiduguri, Kano, Sokoto, Port Harcourt, Jos & Kaduna.
Eight new cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria
Eight new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria: 5 in Lagos, 2 in the FCT and 1 in Kaduna State.
As at 09:30 pm 5th April there are 232 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Thirty-three have been discharged with five deaths.
Tweets by @megaiconmagg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
MegaIcon Magazine Facebook Page
Entertainment1 week ago
Ayinla Omowura: The Gnome That Refuse to Die
News7 days ago
Lock down order takes effect, Lagos-Ibadan expressway blocked
Opinion1 week ago
JAGABAN: Nigeria Greatest ‘Game Changer’ @ 68 | By Abba Dukawa
News1 week ago
Photos: Oyo COVID-19 squad impounds 22 vehicles at club houses