Ekiti born politician and businessman, Cyril Fasuyi was never arrested nor whisked away by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC ) for fraud as reported by some blogs recently according to Blogger Watch.
Blogger Watch, an independent fact-checking news platform while dismissing the media reports said, ” the story being circulated about the arrest and whisking away of an Ekiti born politician and business man , Cyril Fasuyi by EFCC for fraud has been found to be untrue, totally false, fake and a calculated attempt to destroy the personality and integrity of Cyril Fasuyi and EFCC’ .
Contained in a statement made available by Blogger Watch and signed by Stephen Moyes, the news platform submitted, ” According to the charter of our organisation we have diligently fact-checked the story and we found out that the said story was malicious, frivolous and fradulent both in contents, intention and direction “
Continuing, Blogger Watch further disclosed, ” We have contacted the EFCC and gone through its arrest list and there was no name of Mr Cyril Fasuyi on the list and no record of him being whisked by the organisation under any guise “.
The statement added that ” The purported news lacked merit and without a grain of truth because the time Mr Fasuyi was claimed to have been arrested and whisked away, he was having a business lunch with some notable personalities at Southern Sun Hotel in Ikoyi,Lagos’
The statement pointed out that , “It was a fact that Mr Fasuyi’s company and IPS Ingredis Dubai were engaged in mutually beneficial business relationship which collided and ran into bad water due to global economic recession and which is being legally trashed out”.
Blogger Watch, however warned blog operators and influencers to always steer clear of concorted and malicious stories capable of tarnishing and maligning the integrity and reputation of individuals, corporate entities and personalities.
Saudi govt. executes three Soldiers for ‘high treason’
Saudi Arabia on Saturday executed three soldiers for “high treason”, the defence ministry said.
The soldiers were found guilty of “the crime of high treason in cooperation with the enemy” in a way that threatens the kingdom and its military interests, the ministry said in a statement published by the official Saudi Press Agency.
The statement named the three soldiers — Mohammed bin Ahmed, Shaher bin Issa and Hamoud bin Ibrahim — without identifying who they were accused of colluding with.
The announcement comes as Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the 35-year-old heir to the throne, consolidates his grip on power and as a Saudi-led military campaign intensifies in neighbouring Yemen.
Prince Mohammed is already viewed as the country’s de facto ruler, controlling all the major levers of government, from defence to the economy.
He holds the title of defence minister, while his younger brother Prince Khalid bin Salman is the deputy.
Over the past three years, the crown prince has mounted a sweeping crackdown on critics and rivals, with the imprisonment of prominent royal family members, business tycoons, clerics and activists.
In March last year, Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz al-Saud, a brother of King Salman, and the monarch’s nephew Prince Mohammed bin Nayef were detained, multiple sources said, as the crown prince sought to stamp out traces of internal dissent.
Saudi authorities have not publicly commented on their ongoing detention.
Riyadh led a military coalition into Yemen in March 2015 to prop up the internationally recognised government, but it has struggled to oust the Iran-backed Huthi rebels.
It has also faced a surge in missile and drone attacks against the kingdom.
Fighting has also intensified for the key Yemeni region of Marib, with 53 pro-government and Huthi rebel fighters dead in the past 24 hours, loyalist military officials said Saturday.
The Huthis have been trying to seize oil-rich Marib, the government’s last significant pocket of territory in the north, since February.
Ekiti monarch hospitalised after near-death gunmen attack
Oba Adetutu Ajayi , the traditional ruler of Ewu Ekiti in Ilejemeje Local Government Area of Ekiti State has been hospitalised after he was shot by gunmen.
The monarch was shot Friday evening while in transit to a neighbouring town in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of the state.
It was learnt that the gunmen rained gunshots on the official car of the monarch but he narrowly escaped death. Oba Ajayi, has since been hospitalised.
The attack on the monarch comes barely 24 hours after gunmen invaded a petrol station at Isan Ekiti in the same local government area and abducted the manager of the station, Itakorodo Adebayo, after sporadic gunshots.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Sunday Abutu who confirmed the attack, also assured that the police and other security outfits are determined to rid the state of criminal elements.
Abutu informed that the monarch is currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital as the police command has swung into action to unravel those behind the criminal act and bring them to book.
“Despite the rigorous joint patrol, raiding of blackspots and combing of bushes/forests comprising the Amotekun Corps, vigilante groups, local hunters, chiefs, drivers union, motorcycle riders, farmers and other stakeholders carried out simultaneously on Friday across the 16 local governments areas of the state, some unknown gunmen mischievously defiled the operation, came out and attacked the Elewu of Ewu Ekiti, Oba Ajayi while he was on transit between Ewu Ekiti and Ayetoro Ekiti at about 1900 hours.
“The operation was aimed at dislodging and apprehending the miscreants in their hideouts as directed by the Ekiti State Commissioner of Police, Tunde Mobayo.
“The Commissioner of Police, while assuring the general public that the perpetrators will be brought to book, has pledged that the Police Command shall continue to work with relevant security outfits, ministries, stakeholders, and organizations to ensure that criminality is brought to zero across the state.
“The spirit of officers of the Command and other supporting agencies and groups still remain high as the operation still continues indefinitely to stamp out the bandits,” Abutu submitted.
Acting IGP retains Mba as Police publicist, appoints Inuwa as Force secretary
The acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Usman Baba has reappointed a Commissioner of Police (CP), Frank Mba, and Acting CP Idowu Owohunwa as the Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO) and Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to the IGP respectively.
He re-appointed Mba as the Force spokesman for the third time while Owohunwa’s reappointment also made it the third time he would hold the position as the Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to the IGP.
Mba, who served as spokesman for the police twice before his latest reappointment, disclosed the developments in a statement on Friday
In a related development, IGP Baba also appointed an Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Hafiz Inuwa, as the Force Secretary and member of the Force Management Team.
The new force secretary takes over from AIG Mustapha Dandaura who has been redeployed to Zone-7 Police Headquarters in Abuja.
Prior to his new appointment, Inuwa was the AIG in charge of Zone-13 Ukpo -Dunukofia in Awka, Anambra State – covering Anambra and Enugu State Police Commands.
He also previously served as the Commissioner of Police in charge of Delta and Cross River States, among other strategic positions he held
Also, the IGP ordered the posting of some personal aides, including a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Idris Abubakar, as the PSO II to the IGP.
Superintendents of Police (SP) Isah Abdulhamid and Nura Hanga were also posted as personal assistant and secretary to the police chief respectively.
Mba noted that the appointments and postings of the senior police officers and personal aides were with immediate effect.
“The senior police officers are expected to bring their professional and intellectual exposure to bear in assisting the IGP and his management team in developing and implementing strategic policing policies and plans, all directed at stabilising internal security, modernising police operations, and restoring police primacy in the protection of lives and property of citizens,” the statement read.